Maintaining a clean and healthy bathroom is almost as important as cleaning other parts of your home. And a significant part of any bathroom is the sinks and faucets. Therefore, learning how to clean and care for them is essential. Here are the best ways to keep your bathroom sinks looking and feeling great:
- Remove any surface dirt: Take a clean, lightly damp cloth or paper towel and whip away any dust or dirt from the sink and faucet.
- Spot-clean any spots or stains: If there are any soap scum, calcium stains, or other blemishes on the sink and faucet, use a sink cleaner, mild detergent and a soft cloth to remove them. Don’t forget to drain any water off the sink bowl before cleaning it.
- Clean the sink basin: Take a soft brush, wet it, and scrub the basin with some mild detergent or sink cleaner. Be sure to scrub around the rim and drain. Don’t forget to scrub the faucet and handles as well.
- Rinse and dry: Rinse off the sink with a damp cloth and then dry everything off before use.
- Wax the sink: For even more protection, apply a high-quality wax to the surface of the sink. This will give the sink a glossy finish and help prevent wear and tear.
- Clean the drain and stopper: Take off the stopper and soak it in warm soapy water. Scrub it with an old toothbrush to remove any mold or dirt that may be on it. Use a bent wire hanger to remove hair and other debris from the drain. Rinse off the stopper and put it back in place.
Cleaning and caring for your bathroom sinks may seem like a chore at first, but it will become second nature in no time. And if you make sure to do it regularly, your sinks will stay looking like new for years to come.